This page lists a sampling of presentations made 2008 and earlier …
(Click here to get back to the 2009 Presentations.)
May 3, 2008 — Retreat in Golden Valley, Minnesota
- “We have this treasure: tactile grace, human embodiment, and social justice” — a daylong retreat at Spirit of Hope UMC.
October 21, 2007 — Sermon in Golden Valley, Minnesota
- “Coming to hear the music of welcome: my journey as an Ally” — sermon for Spirit of Hope UMC on the 2nd anniversary of their welcoming statement.
August 5, 2007 — Sermon in St. Paul, Minnesota
- “Clothed in Christ” — sermon for St. Paul Reformation Lutheran Church on the eve of the 2007 ELCA Churchwide Assembly.
July 28, 2006 — Presentation in Toronto, Canada
- “Leaning into the Texts with our Lives: one model of queer hermeneutics” — plenary presentation to the 2006 Biennial Assembly of Lutherans Concerned/North America, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
September 30-October 3, 2005 — Retreat at Holden Village, Washington
- “Sown on Good Soil” — 4-day retreat on sexuality and spirituality for GLBT persons and their Allies. Co-faciliated with Rev. Jenny Mason for Lutheran Concerned/Northwest at Holden Village, Chelan, Washington, .
December 7, 2004 — Reading in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- “Imagining the Mystery of Christmas: Poetry and the Incarnation” — poetry reading and discussion at St. Martin’s Table, Minneapolis.
October 12, 2004 — Presentation in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- “Holding our Breath in the Face of Hate: Reading the Bible ‘Word by Word’ in the Spirit of Christ” — public lecture at St. Frances Cabrini Catholic Parish on their 10th anniversary of adopting a statement of reconciliation.
July 23, 2004 — Presentation in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- “Called to be Bodied: Sexual Ethics and the Vocation of Embodiment” — workshop presentation at the 2004 Biennial Assembly of Lutherans Concerned/North America, Minneapolis.
October 26, 2003 — Presentation in Decorah, Iowa
- “The Body as Burning Bush: Coming Out and Other Holy Acts of Human Sexuality” — Coming Out Week lecture, Luther College.
March 30, 2003 — Presentations in Davenport, Iowa and Rock Island, Illinois.
- “GLBT Theology: a gift to the whole church” a series of three presentations for the annual Quad Citians Action for Diversity celebration at the First Unitarian Church, Davenport, Iowa and the First United Methodist Church, Rock Island, Illinois.